tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: url-pattern algorithm problem?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:39:58 GMT
> From: Cha [mailto:eric.cha.read@gmail.com]
> Subject: url-pattern algorithm problem?

> <url-pattern>*.htm</url-pattern>
> <url-pattern>/en/*</url-pattern

> The problem we find if the incoming url is like
> "http://example.com/en/yp/list/cat/10/1", it will
> not matched to the 'app' servlet.

Likely correct behavior, since neither of your specified patterns match the incoming URL -
if your webapp is deployed as "en".  The above pattern would only match the URL if your webapp
is deployed as "ROOT" - but you didn't tell us.

> Could it be a problem in tomcat matching algorithm?

Read the servlet spec; the <url-pattern> does *not* include the context (webapp) name.

 - Chuck