tomcat-users mailing list archives

From János Löbb <janos.l...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: [OT] servlet-specific error pages
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:37:57 GMT
Chris,

I was thinking about this section in the FM 10.9.2:

<nyissz>
Error-page declarations using the exception-type element in the deployment descriptor must
be unique up to the class name of the exception-type. Similarly, error-page declarations using
the status-code element must be unique in the deployment descriptor up to the status code.
<nyassz>

Plus the the two paragraphs before it.  So if you are not finding anything useful in the deployment
descriptor, then you can add your own to it and create a class that is matching the added
exception-type.  There are probably many already ready made java classes in the open that
you can just incorporate to emit the xml.

János