tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: modjk apache response questions
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:11:57 GMT
Hi.

I am still not quite sure that I understand the way your are presenting your results, below.
What does a line like
 > b) 800 request 1 LB ,3 tomcat==Slow response time(double)
actually mean ?

Apart from that :

a)
 > minProcessors="25" maxProcessors="2000"
these attributes are deprecated, see http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/ajp.html
Since they are confusing, remove them.

b)
maxThreads="500"

This means that each Tomcat will actually /never/ process more than 500 simultaneous AJP
requests.  Any additional simultaneous request will have to wait, until one thread becomes

available to handle it.

One thing that you are not mentioning, is : in your test, how long does it take to
actually process 1 request, if you send just one ?

c) what pogram are you using, to send the requests to Apache/Tomcat ?
And how do you see that "the response time is slow/slower" ?