tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: modjk apache response questions
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:36:32 GMT
It may be me, but your question is not very clear.
Let me try again :
Since you seem to have Apache httpd in front of Tomcat, you can try to use the "ab"
program which comes with Apache httpd, to send requests to httpd, and by selecting
appropriate requests, have them forwarded to Tomcat through mod_jk.
Then, at the Apache httpd level, the mod_status module would help you figure out what is
going on at the Apache httpd level.
The mod_jk status worker will show you what is going on at the mod_jk level.
And the Tomcat Manager (server-status part), will show you some information about what is

going on at the Tomcat level.
There are also tools such as "jconsole" which can show you what is happening at the level

of the JVM which runs Tomcat (each Tomcat, if you have several).

References for the above :
Apache "ab" program : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/ab.html
Apache mod_status : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_status.html
mod_jk status worker : http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/status.html
Tomcat Manager application : http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html
Monitoring the Tomcat JVM : http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/monitoring.html

If that does not answer your question, then try to be more clear about what exactly you
are looking for. For example, what do you mean by "test load" ?
What precisely are you trying to find out ?