tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Crypto Sal <crypto....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help with SSL Certificate install on Tomcat 6.0.29 APR.
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 04:56:26 GMT
Hi Jin,

In my experiences with the APR and Tomcat, you need to use 'OpenSSL' to
generate the keypair (CSR/key) I am fairly certain the APR can't read
Java Keystore files. You would only use a keystore (JKS) using 'keytool'
with JSSE.

I think you have at least 2 options at this point:

1. Generate new key pair with OpenSSL using the 'req' utility.
2. Export new keystore that was created with 'keytool' to a PKCS12 file
and then use openSSL to create PEM key, certificate and Certificate
authority files.

I would suggest you do #1 vs. that of #2, unless #2 cause you extra
money or you don't mind doing a little 'work'. :-P

--Crypto.Sal

On 04/19/2011 05:54 PM, Jin H wrote:
> Hi.  We are a school running Tomcat 6.0.29 for Windows server 2003 with APR.  I currently
have an SSL certificate installed.  I'm trying to update it with the renewed SSL certificate
but I'm having no luck.