tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Fix the cookie path with mod_jk
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 22:53:14 GMT
Thomas Freitag wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> On 18.04.11 um 16:42, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> Thomas,
>>
>> On 4/18/2011 3:34 AM, Thomas Freitag wrote:
>>> Hi Yu

>>> The recipes in the HowTo you mentioned won't work with Apache httpd
>>> 2.2.3, because mod_headers supports the edit function only for Version
>>> 2.2.4 and newer.
>> Using mod_rewrite will probably work with previous versions. Just
>> speculating, here.
>
> Fixing/altering outgoing (response) headers is beyond the
> functionality of mod_rewrite. The other parts work with mod_rewrite,
> but mod_headers (with its edit functionality) is an important part in
> this use case.

Getting back to the original issue, Thomas seems to be right when he says that if the
cookie path is set to /foo, the browser will return it also for URLs such as /foobar and
/foofoo.
 From the Cookie RFCs, i gather that the cookie path is taken as a *prefix*, and /foo is a

prefix of /foobar.

Now the issue is : who is setting the cookie path ?  if it is the application, and if this

is a concern, then I would suggest to fix the application.