tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: Setting the maxHTTPHeaderSize to 'infinity'
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:20:00 GMT
Hi.

I will let someone else comment on your code.
(But remember, this is a help forum for Tomcat, which is the server side.  It is not
really a forum to help people write Java HTTP cients).

It looks like this is your first try at sending a file to a server.
So let me recommend something :

I would start by creating a simple HTML form with an <input type="file" ..>, and then
make
sure that it works using the form.
(Because, to upload a file, you also need to have some special code on the server to
receive it, and you had better make sure that that side is working first).

You can find an example here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/fileupload/package-summary.html
and maybe someone else can suggest more examples somewhere.

Then, once it is working with the form, attack the client side.
If you search a bit on Google, you will find several examples of how to do this right.
No need to re-invent the wheel.