tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Fix the cookie path with mod_jk
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:59:18 GMT
Yu Kikuchi wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> My Environment of Application Server is:
> Apache 2.2.3, mod_jk 1.2.30, JBoss 5.0.0GA
>
> I want to rewrite the Path contained in cookies. For example;
> From) Set-Cookie JSESSIONID=794CC361C468123CA1D187B9C5F5FAA5; Path=/foo
> To  ) Set-Cookie JSESSIONID=794CC361C468123CA1D187B9C5F5FAA5; Path=/bar

Hi.
With Apache httpd's mod_rewrite, mod_proxy, mod_headers, etc.., you can do all kinds of
manipulations of URLs, headers and cookies.
But when you start along that path, sooner or later you will find yourself in a situation

where the next small requirement conflicts with the ones you had before, and/or your
configuration becomes really hard to understand and maintain.
Also, each of these manipulations costs some time, in development and testing, and later
in the server's CPU time.
So before I start down that path, I usually have a really good look at /why/ I need to do

that, and if I cannot cure the original disease, rather than the symptom.
For example, why can the original application not be at "/bar" instead of "/foo" ?