tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Hubbs <jhubbsl...@att.net>
Subject Re: Working of Tomcat with MS Access
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:50:30 GMT
MySQL is indeed another good Open Source RDBMS; I would not call it
"lightweight" in that it is used to power some mighty big Web apps, but
the implementation does seem a little quaint.

On 4/15/11 11:38 AM, Troy wrote:
> Raj;
>
> To all reading this response, this is my first response on this list so if I get it a
little wrong have patience.

> You may want to look at the light weight RDBMS mysql.  It is free, easily installed and
can be utilized with the companion Workbench to make dealing with the db very easy, a lot
like the access interface.  You will have good driver support from the java end as well and
a lot of documentation and tutorials to get you connected in your web app to your persistence
layer.