tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Tomcat manager fails and can't tell why.
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:57:22 GMT
Yucca Nel wrote:

> [...]
use credentials(tomcat username and password tomcat) As expected I am able to log in, but
the moment I change these to more secure credentials in the xml, authentication fails. I know
the xml is not meant for production authentication, but this is just to test the manager application
is working before I continue with setting up rest of the server?

Stupid question : do you restart Tomcat after you have changed the contents of
tomcat-users.xml ?