tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat error com.inet.tds.at: [TDS Driver]java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind Windows 2008
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 06:36:29 GMT
On the face of it, this has absolutely nothing to do with Tomcat.
Why did you think it relates to tomcat ?


Arunkumar Janarthanan wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
> I have a scheduler application was running on win 2k fine, when we moved
> this application to windows 2008 there is an issue appearing the windows
> socket error. Apprently this seems the process / connection /
> sockets created by JVM not closed.
> 
> Any idea if this appears to be know issue ? the version details below.
> 
> Tomcat: 5.5.9
> 
> Java: 1.5.01_13
> 
> Windows 2008 X64 bit platform.
> 
> Error details:
> 
> Sandeep Singh/Consultants/IN/ReadersDigest
> 04/11/2011 08:38 AM
>     To
>     Arun Kumar Janarthanan/Consultants/IN/ReadersDigest@ReadersDigest,
> Leonard Labuschagne/US/ReadersDigest@ReadersDigest, Irving
> Murray/Consultants/US/ReadersDigest@ReadersDigest, Kshitij
> Shrivastava/Consultants/IN/ReadersDigest@ReadersDigest, Abbas Ali
> Khan/Consultants/IN/ReadersDigest@ReadersDigest, Vineet
> Gupta/Consultants/IN/ReadersDigest@ReadersDigest
>     cc
>     webops
>     Subject
>     Re: Need emergency restart on epipe server due to too many process
> initiated epipe scheduler
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Is there something in new windows server's registry which is causing this?
> 
> Thanks for the update, please blog it and coordinate with Kshitij so that we
> make sure all services - crypt/decrypt, paymentech, mounted trust drive,
> schedular are bounced.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> 
>     ----- Original Message -----
>     From: Arun Kumar Janarthanan
>     Sent: 04/11/2011 08:23 AM EDT
>     To: Leonard Labuschagne; Irving Murray; Sandeep Singh; Kshitij
> Shrivastava; Abbas Khan; Vineet Gupta
>     Cc: webops
>     Subject: Need emergency restart on epipe server due to too many process
> initiated epipe scheduler
> 
> We need to restart the epipe server to clear the socket error, we noticed
> the epipe scheduler initated too many connections likely to be cause of this
> issue.
> 
> *epipe scheduler:*
> 
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:01 | DBInit starts here..
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:01 | DBInit starts here..
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:06 | DBInit starts here..
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:06 | DBInit starts here..
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:06 | DBInit starts here..
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:06 | DBInit starts here..
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:06 | DBInit starts here..
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 | DBInit starts here..
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |
> DatabaseFactory.getNewConnection(jdbc:inetdae7:205.230.46.190?, app,
> app_root, xpassx, conn) : CLIENTS = 127 : Failed to get connection from
> DriverManager : [TDS Driver]java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows
> Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind : SQL State : 08S01 : Stack Trace :
> com.inet.tds.at: [TDS Driver]java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows
> Sockets error: 0: JVM_BindCause :java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized
> Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 | com.inet.tds.at: [TDS
> Driver]java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0:
> JVM_Bind
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at com.inet.tds.aq.a(Unknown
> Source)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.inet.tds.TdsDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.DatabaseFactory.getNewConnection(DatabaseFactory.java:154)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.DatabaseFactory.getConnection(DatabaseFactory.java:98)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.Database.dbInit(Database.java:157)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.Database.dbInit(Database.java:111)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.ScheduleLogger.write(ScheduleLogger.java:70)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.PipelineStepProcessor.writeLog(PipelineStepProcessor.java:86)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.commerce.order.processor.SQLTransactionSender.run(SQLTransactionSender.java:125)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.ChannelPipeline.runSequence(ChannelPipeline.java:206)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.ChannelPipeline.runNextSequence(ChannelPipeline.java:251)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.PipelineStepProcessor.completed(PipelineStepProcessor.java:68)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.FileExtractBuilder.run(FileExtractBuilder.java:1184)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.ChannelPipeline.runSequence(ChannelPipeline.java:206)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.ChannelPipeline.runNextSequence(ChannelPipeline.java:251)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.PipelineStepProcessor.completed(PipelineStepProcessor.java:68)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.commerce.order.processor.PipelineConnector.run(PipelineConnector.java:137)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.ChannelPipeline.runSequence(ChannelPipeline.java:206)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> com.readersdigest.util.ChannelPipeline.run(ChannelPipeline.java:195)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 | Caused by:
> java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> java.net.Socket.bind(Socket.java:553)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:363)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at
> java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:178)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at com.inet.tds.w.a(Unknown
> Source)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at com.inet.tds.w.a(Unknown
> Source)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at com.inet.tds.w.<init>(Unknown
> Source)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  at com.inet.tds.w.a(Unknown
> Source)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |  ... 21 more
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/04/10 21:02:10 |
> DatabaseFactory.getNewConnection(jdbc:inetdae7:205.230.46.190?, app,
> app_root, xpassx, conn) : CLIENTS = 128 : Failed to get connection from
> DriverManager : [TDS Driver]java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows
> Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind : SQL State : 08S01 : Stack Trace :
> com.inet.tds.at: [TDS
> 
> Thanks in advance.
> 
> Best Regards,
> Arun J
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message