tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Startup Problems
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:40:07 GMT
Joseph Morgan wrote:
> We have a newly installed Tomcat 7 64bit in Windows 7 (quad-core w/8gb
> ram, 322GB free disk space)

 From where did you download / install it ?
How did you install it ?

> We copied the msvcr71.dll into the bin directory, and have Java
> 1.6.0_23-b05 64 bit.
>

> Tomcat doesn't start,

How do you start it ?

and all we get from it is:

> Service 'tomcat7' is missing the ImageFile

Where do you get that message ?

Presuming it is installed as a Windows Service, what does the Windows "Services applet"
show for this service ? (as an executable file)

If you open a command window and navigate to Tomcat's installation directory, and enter
"bin/starstup.bat", what do you see ?