tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Trouble with jdbc drivers in TC 7 - fixed
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 23:49:37 GMT
> 2011/4/8 David kerber<dckerber@verizon.net>:
>> To close this loop, I got it fixed.  The issue was a (apparently very
>> slightly) corrupt jodbc.jar file.  I say very slightly because I could open
>> it with windows explorer's .zip handling functionality and everything looked
>> fine, but tomcat choked on it when trying to open it with java.util.zip.
>>   Tomcat was throwing exceptions at startup, but they were quite a bit
>> further up in the log from the one I posted here, and I didn't see them for
>> the longest time.
> Congratulations.
>
> Were the messages clear enough, or maybe something may need improving there?
The error message was fine, once I actually saw it.  It was just quite a
ways up the log file from the final exception that I originally posted.
Once I saw the startup error, it's obvious that the CNFE was just a
cascading error from the root problem.

The only thing I question is whether java.util.zip might be too picky,
and failing to open .jar files that could have actually been usable.
Windows had no trouble unzipping the .jar.  That's obviously an Oracle
issue, though, and not a Tomcat one.

Dave