tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Trouble with jdbc drivers in TC 7 - fixed
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 21:50:29 GMT
To close this loop, I got it fixed.  The issue was a (apparently very
slightly) corrupt jodbc.jar file.  I say very slightly because I could
open it with windows explorer's .zip handling functionality and
everything looked fine, but tomcat choked on it when trying to open it
with java.util.zip.  Tomcat was throwing exceptions at startup, but they
were quite a bit further up in the log from the one I posted here, and I
didn't see them for the longest time.

The CNFE was due to the .jar containing the class not being opened
because of the unzipping error.  Reinstalling the software update got me
a good .jar file, and now it all works.

Thanks for your patience!

On 4/7/2011 5:05 PM, David kerber wrote:
> On 4/7/2011 5:01 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> The config has changed from
>>
>> <Resource ...>
>> <param>

>> <Resource
>> driverClassName="...."
>
> I don't use any of those, because TC isn't managing the pool; the app
> handles its own pool. The file layout that works in 5.5 doesn't seem to
> work in 7.0, unless there's some very subtle difference I'm not seeing.
>

>> that could be your culprit
>>
>> On 4/7/2011 12:08 PM, David kerber wrote:
>>> System: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64-bit)
>>> JRE: 1.6.0_24 x64
>>> TC: 7.0.11, installed in c:\Program Files\..., so it detected an x64
>>> installation
>>> DB: Sybase ASA 9.0.2.3951, x64 version
>>>
>>> DB server and TC are both installed on this same machine.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to port my app from tc 5.5.something late, to 7.0, and
>>> can't get my app to find the driver class. It all works fine under TC
>>> 5.5.
>>>
>>> All my database pooling is done in the application, so I thought
>>> putting the jodbc.jar in the WEB-INF/lib of the app would work with no
>>> need to edit my configuration files, but I'm still getting the class
>>> not found error below. I have also tried moving jodbc.jar to
>>> %catalina_home%/lib, but that didn't help either.
>>>
>>> RtData64 is the 64-bit ODBC DSN, which test ok in ODBC admin. I have
>>> opened jodbc.jar to be sure it has ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver
>>> inside it.
>>>
>>> Am I missing some configuration requirements? I can't find anything in
>>> the online docs that would indicate I need to do anything, since I'm
>>> not having TC handle the connection pooling.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>>> Thu Apr 07 12:09:56 EDT 2011: Exception in class:
>>> com.wra.websira.WraAdmin, Msg: 'Initialization', Exception:
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver
>>> Thu Apr 07 12:09:56 EDT 2011: Exception in class:
>>> com.wra.websira.WraJdbc, Msg: 'Creating database: RtData64',
>>> Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver
>>> at