tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Trouble with jdbc drivers in TC 7
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 19:25:21 GMT
>> From: David kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
>> Subject: Trouble with jdbc drivers in TC 7
>
>> All my database pooling is done in the application, so I
>> thought putting the jodbc.jar in the WEB-INF/lib of the
>> app would work with no need to edit my configuration files
>
> I think that should work.  Check carefully that you don't have multiple copies of the
driver jar lying around.  Extra copies beyond the one in the proper location can get you CNFE.

> Is there a possible permissions issue preventing the Tomcat account from accessing the
jar?  (Less likely on Windows, but it can happen.)

No luck with either of those.  I checked for extra copies of jodbc.jar,
and gave full control permissions to everybody on the webapp folder and
subfolders.

Was something changed in 7 from previous versions wrt database connections?