tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: tomcat and apache log entry correlation with mod_jk
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:09:58 GMT
On 05.04.2011 22:44, Anthony J. Biacco wrote:
> FYI, I have this tentatively working with mod_unique_id by doing:
>
> Apache config:
>          RequestHeader set UNIQUE_ID %{UNIQUE_ID}e
>          JkEnvVar UNIQUE_ID
>
> Tomcat accesslogvalve pattern:
> %{UNIQUE_ID}i
>
> I might use it like this, I might not. They might want a more telling id like apache_host:unique_id

This can be simplified to

          JkEnvVar UNIQUE_ID

Apache accesslogvalve pattern:
%{UNIQUE_ID}e

Tomcat accesslogvalve pattern:
%{UNIQUE_ID}r

JkEnvVar forwards the environment variable UNIQUE_ID, which is
automatically set by mod_unique_id (you need to LoadModule
mod_unique_id) to Tomcat as a request attribute. Request attributes can
be logged in the Tomcat accesslog using %{...}r.

Regards,

Rainer