tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sergio <ser...@strategos.com.br>
Subject Session sharing between context
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:03:08 GMT
Hi,

Running with Java5, Tomcat5.5.33, Hibernate, MyFaces+tomahawk on
Debian/Windows.

We have an environment where there will be several instance of the same
webapp running on tomcat (sharing libraries when possible), each
connecting to different database. My idea is to have a webapp dedicated
to login, once the user login I would redirect him to the webapp of his
company (another context, user in the database is associated with
company). Something like this:

http://webapp.strategos.net/ (WebappLogin context on tomcat)
http://webapp.strategos.net/company1/ (WebappCompany1 context on tomcat)
http://webapp.strategos.net/company2/ (WebappCompany2 context on tomcat)

Is it possible to redirect browser to different context and share http
session that was created in the login context? I'm not using tomcat
authentication, the whole authentication process is done by our webapp
(if required we can change this).

Thanks,
Sergio