tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <>
Subject Re: How to access MyWebApp from another computer through the internet
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:13:51 GMT
On 4/4/2011 2:56 PM, Yvan Hurtado wrote:
> Hello,
> I have my web application working correctly with http://localhost:8080.
> Yet, I cannot access it from another computer trough internet. I've change
> 'localhost' to the computer's ip where tomcat 5.5.33 is installed:
> I'm new with tomcat so I dont know much. I've browse a lot of forums and
> trough the built in documentation of tomcat and the clues lead me to think
> it has something to do with Host, context, virtual host... I really don't
> know
> I haven't change anything, I just copied MyWebApp.war file to the webapps
> directory of tomcat....
> How do I make my WebApp accessible from another pc through the internet?

Two things you'll need to do:  Make sure your ISP and router are
configured to allow requests to port 8080 to get through to the machine
tomcat is running on.  Then you need to add a Network Address
Translation or port forwarding entry to allow the internet to "see" your
machine.  192.168.*.* are not publicly routable addresses, and you will
not be able to connect from the internet using them.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message