tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Windows Authentication: Issue 49318 vs 47679
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 08:05:48 GMT
Stefan Mayr wrote:
> Native SPNEGO in Tomcat sounds great. Waiting a little while depends on
> your scale of "little". Is there already some development we can follow?
> Will this use Java GSS? I never figured out how to configure this with
> Tomcat.
If you are in a hurry, you may want to have a look at Jespa :
Have it installed at numerous customers sites and works great.

About the sequence of rewrite/forward with IIS, have a look at isapi_rewrite :

It can pick up the user's Windows domain user-id, and pass it on as a HTTP header.
You would then need a simple servlet filter at the Tomcat level, to pick up the content of

this header and use it as the authenticated Tomcat user-id.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message