tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cha <eric.cha.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: url-pattern algorithm problem?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:47:26 GMT
My bad, the app is deployed as 'ROOT' and I did read the url-pattern
section in the section before posting the question.

Based on what I read, it should match to the 'app', but it is not in
this case.

Cha.

On 04/01/2011 11:39 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Cha [mailto:eric.cha.read@gmail.com]
>> Subject: url-pattern algorithm problem?
>> <url-pattern>*.htm</url-pattern>
>> <url-pattern>/en/*</url-pattern
>> The problem we find if the incoming url is like
>> "http://example.com/en/yp/list/cat/10/1", it will
>> not matched to the 'app' servlet.
> Likely correct behavior, since neither of your specified patterns match the incoming
URL - if your webapp is deployed as "en".  The above pattern would only match the URL if your
webapp is deployed as "ROOT" - but you didn't tell us.

>> Could it be a problem in tomcat matching algorithm?
> Read the servlet spec; the<url-pattern>  does *not* include the context (webapp)
name.