tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Flaherty <pflah...@rampageinc.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat logging changed between 6.0.29 & 6.0.32
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2011 00:13:44 GMT

On Apr 2, 2011, at 6:53 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> 2011/4/3 Patrick Flaherty <pflahrty@rampageinc.com>:
>> Also of note, I see the stderr log with a *lot of the messages*
>> that are in
>> the Catalina log.
>> Exact duplicate line entries.
>
> That is expected. Remove "java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler" from
> configuration. A "1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler" there is
> enough.
Yes, That worked.

>> There is a new log in 6.0.32 called
>> commons-daemon.2011-04-01.log also the stderr & stdout have
>> different names
>> between the two builds.
>>
>> 6.0.29 names
>> stdout_20110402.log
>> stderr_20110402.log
>>
>> 6.0.32 names
>> tomcat6-stderr.2011-04-02.log
>> tomcat6-stdout.2011-04-02.log
>
> Yes, that is. It is just cosmetic changes though. From using a
> different version of http://commons.apache.org/daemon/
Thanks for the explanation.

>> What I see that's was never seen in any Tomcat logs is what looks
>> like
>> messaging from a 3rd party dll.
>
>> but I also see messages that are not in my code which *ARE* the
>> new messages seen
>> now in stdout from the 3rd party library.
>
> DLLs in Java?  Anyway, cannot say much from what you have wrote.
> Neither you mention the actual messages.
This is the startup/beginning of my tomcat6-stdout:

2011-04-02 16:51:16 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initializedfound
condition with property "CSFONT_Group::CSFONT_isEmbedded"
PRC MANIP: Changed severity for Rule "Missing Fonts" in RuleSet
"Automatic Rule Set"
found condition with property "CSFONT_Group::CSFONT_BaseFontName"
PRC MANIP: Changed severity for Rule "Missing Fonts" in RuleSet
"Automatic Rule Set"
found condition with property "CSIMAGE_Group::CSIMAGE_Resolution"
found condition with property "CSIMAGE_Group::CSIMAGE_Resolution"
found condition with property "CSIMAGE_Group::CSIMAGE_Resolution"
found condition with property "CSIMAGE_Group::CSIMAGE_Resolution"

These messages *do* show in the console when I run tomcat6.exe but
historically never in any log.
Also my System.out.println messages *do not show* up in any log where
they printed in stdout in 6.0.29.?????