tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Fischereit, Jana" <jana.fischer...@classix.de>
Subject Setting the maxHTTPHeaderSize to 'infinity'
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:14:56 GMT
Hi,

I would like to send xml-files by using the http-post request-body. But I read that the default
maxHTTPHeaderSize is 8kb (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html#Standard_Implementation).
So I cannot transfer files of arbitrary size.

Why is there a limit? May problems occur by increasing that size to for example 20 mb?

And if there are no problems, how can I set this parameter to 'infinity'? I tried to use "-1"
in the server.xml file, but recieved a java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException:

<port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" maxHttpHeaderSize="-1" redirectPort="8443"/>

I am using Tomcat 6.0.32, Windows XP Professional SP3, Sun Java 1.6.0 Update 24.

Thanks and Regards,

Jana