tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tomislav Brkljačić <tomislav.brklja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ win xp and win server 2003 ] tomcat utf8 encoding
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 15:46:22 GMT

awarnier wrote:

> Tomislav Brkljačić wrote:
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> this is my scenario and problem.
>>
>> Situation 1. - local machine, win xp
>> I have a web app deployed to tomcat, and the app has a webform for
>> uploading
>> attachments.
>> Attachments can have funny letters (š,ć,čćžđ ) in the filename.
>> I have set the file.encoding=UTF8 and UriEncoding = UTF8 for jvm and
>> inside
>> the server.xml.
>> Everything works as expected, no anomalies in displaying the filenames of
>> the uploaded files.
>>
>> Situation 2. - client machine, win server 2003
>> Same webapp as in Situation 1, same tomcat configuration in all matters.
>> But there is  aproblem.
>> After i upload the files with funny names through the app, the filenames
>> are
>> scrambled and garbled.
>> I checked the location of the files in the file system, and of course
>> uploadaed filenames are
>> acrambled in the file system too.
>>
>> Obviously there is some other setting i need to check and syncronize, but
>> it
>> eludes me so far..
>>
>> Any help is very appreciated.
>>
> Hi.
> Can you provide the *exact* versions of Java, Tomcat, and whichever file
> uploading
> mechanism you are using ?
> (meaning : to process the multi-part POST with the file upload, your
> webapp uses some
> additional mechanism; which is it ?)

1.Situation - local win xp machine
Java : java version "1.6.0_22"
Tomcat : 6.0.29
This is the scenario where everything works as expected.

2. Situation - customer win server 2003 machine
Java : java version "1.6.0_20"
Tomcat : 6.0.29

The deployed web application is developed with Bonita open Solution (BPM
framework).
I'm not that fluent in the java world but looking at the downloaded source
code, i guess it
would be a basic fileupload servlet.

thx