tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Venkata Surapaneni <vsurapan...@imedx.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.23 installation issues
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:48:48 GMT
Hi,

                I have installed Tomcat 5.5.23 on Windows 2008,32 bit  and Java 1.6.0_23 .
The installation completed fine.

When I typed in localhost:8080 on the web page Tomcat home page is displayed indicating that
Tomcat installation is done.

But when I type the ip address of the machine like 10.4.2.10:8080 instead of local host, Tomcat
home page is not displayed.

I thought it may be something related to the host mapping and checked the hosts file in etc
folder and it doesn't seem to have anything extra configured except the default.

Any idea why Tomcat is not working with the IP address?
Thanks in advance.