tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jorge Infante Osorio" <>
Subject RE: reverse proxy with SSO using CAS.
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 21:28:27 GMT
Hi Mark.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Mark Thomas []
Enviado el: viernes, 25 de marzo de 2011 12:57
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: reverse proxy with SSO using CAS.

On 25/03/2011 16:35, Jorge Infante Osorio wrote:
> I have an issue in reverse proxy with apache, tomcat and SSO using CAS.
> The problem is that my reverse proxy work just fine when I use an
> Apache Server as the reverse proxy with two back-end tomcats.
> But when the I include SSO with CAS to authenticate the user with
> access to the tomcat servers the internal redirections are missing to
> the users that use the reverse proxy and I don´t know why.
> Can anyone have any idea on this?

Does the reverse proxy modify the URL in anyway? If so how?

This is my reverse proxy configuration:
LoadModule proxy_module      /usr/lib/apache2/modules/
LoadModule proxy_http_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/
LoadModule headers_module    /usr/lib/apache2/modules/

LoadFile                     /usr/lib/
LoadModule proxy_html_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/
LoadModule xml2enc_module    /usr/lib/apache2/modules/

ProxyRequests off

# the CAS server
ProxyPass /cas-web/
#ProxyPass /cas-web/

#phpCAS client
ProxyPass /cascliente/
#Liferay server
ProxyPass /

ProxyPassReverse /cascliente/
ProxyPassReverse /cas-web/
#ProxyPassReverse /cas-web/
ProxyPassReverse /

ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /cas-web/

ProxyHTMLEnable On

ProxyHTMLURLMap    /cas-web
#ProxyHTMLURLMap    /cas-web
ProxyHTMLURLMap           /
ProxyHTMLURLMap      /cascliente

The reverse proxy don´t change the URL.
In this moment I have two problem:
1. Pass the cookie in the navigator from and application to another.  I used
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath with not success.
2. Use the CAS server with https. I don´t know how configure the proxy
server to do that.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: