tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lefevre <lefev...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Vetoing the start of a webapp
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 12:42:06 GMT
NB: Sorry if this a double posting but for some reason it didn't get through the first time.

 > In the 3.0 spec, it's in section 11.6 (was 10.6 in the 2.5 version).  The key statements
are:

Yes, that's what I was referring to.

 > Because of the softness of the spec, it may well be safest to use the flag in the ServletContext
 > and check it with a filter.

There's also the possibility that the system descriptor (i.e. $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml)
might contain exception handlers. So I'll try the flag route.

Bonus question: does Tomcat offer any guarantees as to the loading order (within a web app)
of
servlets with the same load-on-startup value?

-- O.L.