tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lefevre <lefev...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Vetoing the start of a webapp
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:54:07 GMT
> Normally, you would put such conditional activation code in a
> ServletContextListener, and have it throw an exception if things
 > are not to your liking. Doing so would prevent any further use
 > of the webapp.

OK but I have the same question as to Mark Thomas in the other
thread: is this Tomcat-specific or is it spelled out in the
servlet spec somewhere?

> There is a one-to-one correspondence between a ServletContext
 > and a webapp; see SRV9.2:

Yes but that does not make ServletContext a stand-in for webapps:
it just means it that servlet contexts have webapp scope. Or, if
you prefer, there is no javax.servlet.WebApp class like there is
a javax.servlet.Servlet.

-- O.L.