tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lefevre <lefev...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Getting the Tomcat shutdown port
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 13:52:32 GMT
On 2/28/2011 8:18 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/security/SecurityListener.java?view=annotate

This is brand new, isn't it? I can't find it in the 7.0.8 sources.

So it may throw a java.lang.Error at Lifecycle.BEFORE_INIT_EVENT
time but what happens then? I read §10.9 and §11.6 and it only
talks about the user-configurable exception handling: it does not
seem to specify what the application server may do internally.
Besides it is talking about errors that occur much later in the
life cycle. So, is the whole Tomcat supposed to die if you throw
at BEFORE_INIT_EVENT?

-- O.L.