tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Zbynek Vavros <Zbynek_Vav...@cz.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat as Windows service
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 08:34:32 GMT

Hi,

Ok I switched to 7.0.8.

> Install
Installed using package from
http://mirror.fubra.com/ftp.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.8/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.8.exe.

> Start service
Started either directly in services (changed from auto to manual) or using
that small GUI application(//MS//).
Yes I had checked "Allow service to interact with desktop", unchecked now,
no console window is diplayed when I start Tomcat at all !
If I uncheck this how will I get console window?

> tomcat7w.exe and Java tab settings
Virtual machine pointing to jdk's jre : C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24
\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
Java Classpath is at default : C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation
\Tomcat 7.0\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation
\Tomcat 7.0\bin\tomcat-juli.jar
Java Options is at default :  -Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
                        -Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
                        -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\endorsed
                        -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\temp

-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
                        -Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Program Files
\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf\logging.properties

I tried 6.0.32 with the same result.

Thanks a lot for help
Zbynek

 Kind Regards / Mit
 freundlichen Grüßen /
 Üdvözlettel / S
 pozdravem:

 Zbynek VAVROS                                                 (Embedded
 Development                                                 image moved
                                                                to file:
                                                           pic32194.gif)

     Delivery Centre      616 00, Brno
      Central Europe      Technicka 21
        Brno SITE         Czech Republic

 (Embedded image moved to
   file: pic14574.gif)    Phone: 420-53341- x6283
                          Mobile:
                          E-mail: Zbynek_Vavros@cz.ibm.com

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
   Registered address:
 Brno, Technicka 2995/21,
 Zip code: 61600, Company
       ID: 26244535
      Entered in the
   Commercial Register
    maintained by the
  Regional Court in Brno
  (Part C, Entry 39922)

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
  Sídlo: Brno, Technická
  2995/21, PSČ 61600 IČ:
         26244535
   Zapsaná v obchodním
    rejstříku, vedeném
  Krajským soudem v Brně
  oddíl C, vlozka 39922

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |03/04/2011 05:40 PM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |RE: Tomcat as Windows service

> From: Zbynek Vavros [mailto:Zbynek_Vavros@cz.ibm.com]
> Subject: Tomcat as Windows service

> I installed Tomcat as service

Be specific: exactly what did you do?

> when I start it console is displayed.

Be specific: exactly how are you starting it?

If you run tomcat7w.exe and look at the Logon tab, is "Allow service to
interact with desktop" checked?  If so, clear it - it should never be set.

Also with tomcat7w.exe, what are the settings under the Java tab?

> Using Tomcat 7.0.2

Please update to a stable, rather than beta, version.

 - Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
its attachments from all computers.