tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Zbynek Vavros <Zbynek_Vav...@cz.ibm.com>
Subject Re: JSP pages are not loaded. Only HTML source code
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 10:27:42 GMT

Dear user,

are you sure using JSP inside HTML is good idea?
JSPs are going to be translated into servlet anyway and HTML will not :)
Cant you use JSP inside JSP?

Zbynek

 Kind Regards / Mit
 freundlichen Grüßen /
 Üdvözlettel / S
 pozdravem:

 Zbynek VAVROS                                                 (Embedded
 Development                                                 image moved
                                                                to file:
                                                           pic22417.gif)

     Delivery Centre      616 00, Brno
      Central Europe      Technicka 21
        Brno SITE         Czech Republic

 (Embedded image moved to
   file: pic27057.gif)    Phone: 420-53341- x6283
                          Mobile:
                          E-mail: Zbynek_Vavros@cz.ibm.com

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
   Registered address:
 Brno, Technicka 2995/21,
 Zip code: 61600, Company
       ID: 26244535
      Entered in the
   Commercial Register
    maintained by the
  Regional Court in Brno
  (Part C, Entry 39922)

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
  Sídlo: Brno, Technická
  2995/21, PSČ 61600 IČ:
         26244535
   Zapsaná v obchodním
    rejstříku, vedeném
  Krajským soudem v Brně
  oddíl C, vlozka 39922

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Petr Hracek <phracek2@gmail.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |03/08/2011 10:50 AM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |JSP pages are not loaded. Only HTML source code

Dear users,

I would like to asked you on the some thing regarding JSP pages.
On the Linux whereis installed apache 2.2.14 and tomcat 5.5.28 I would
like to run
JSP pages.
JSP pages should be run over mod_proxy_ajp.
URL is:
http://<IP_address>/XYtest/jsp/Viewer/index.html
ProxyPass /XYtest/*.jsp ajp://localhost:8009/XYtest
ProxyPassReverse /XYtest/*.jsp ajp://localhost:8009/XYtest

JSP page is called from HTML (index.html) and FRAME src "view.jsp"
mentioned above.
but instead of showing JSP page HTML source code is shown.

Do you know what could be a reason?
in the Catalina configuration directory
(/etc/tomcat5/base/Catalina/localhost/XYtest.xml) is following context
file
test# cat /etc/tomcat/5/base/Catalina/locahost/XYtest.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context docBase="/opt/test/XYtest" allowLinking="true">
</Context>
test#

structure in Linux is:
/opt/test/XYtest/jsp/Viewer where are located files index.html and
view.jsp which is part of FRAME

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem
Petr Hracek