tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Zbynek Vavros <Zbynek_Vav...@cz.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat & Windows service & console window
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 13:55:53 GMT

Hi,

of course Im aware of Tomcat log files, but I woiuld like to heve something
"live".
Well when running Domino server as service I get perfect console window
right after I start service....so probably works...
And as I said before I get console window, it is just empty all the time.

Zbynek

 Kind Regards / Mit
 freundlichen Grüßen /
 Üdvözlettel / S
 pozdravem:

 Zbynek VAVROS                                                 (Embedded
 Development                                                 image moved
                                                                to file:
                                                           pic04751.gif)

     Delivery Centre      616 00, Brno
      Central Europe      Technicka 21
        Brno SITE         Czech Republic

 (Embedded image moved to
   file: pic24134.gif)    Phone: 420-53341- x6283
                          Mobile:
                          E-mail: Zbynek_Vavros@cz.ibm.com

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
   Registered address:
 Brno, Technicka 2995/21,
 Zip code: 61600, Company
       ID: 26244535
      Entered in the
   Commercial Register
    maintained by the
  Regional Court in Brno
  (Part C, Entry 39922)

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
  Sídlo: Brno, Technická
  2995/21, PSČ 61600 IČ:
         26244535
   Zapsaná v obchodním
    rejstříku, vedeném
  Krajským soudem v Brně
  oddíl C, vlozka 39922

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |03/08/2011 02:52 PM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |RE: Tomcat & Windows service & console window

> From: Zbynek Vavros [mailto:Zbynek_Vavros@cz.ibm.com]
> Subject: Tomcat & Windows service & console window

> can anyone point me how to set it so console window
> appears when service started?

Windows services do not use console windows - that's one of the major
points of running something as a service.  If you want a console window,
then use the startup.bat script.  On new versions of Windows, attempting to
have a service output to a console window gets you a never-ending set of
dialog boxes asking if you want to see the window.

Note that stdout and stderr (which you should not be using in a webapp) are
by default redirected to Tomcat's logs directory and can be examined there
while the service is running.

 - Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
its attachments from all computers.