tomcat-users mailing list archives

From János Löbb <janos.l...@yale.edu>
Subject What is the right way to redirect http to https with tomcat 7 ?
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 21:46:15 GMT
Hi,

I set up ssl using the JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool on OSX 10.6.6 - JSSE type configuration with
a self-signed certificate.  Modified server.xml to include a connector:

    <Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol" SSLEnabled="true"
		keystoreFile="/Users/administrator/.keystore" keystorePass="*****"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

anything else is the default, out of box.

Where should I configure and how that when I hit

http://localhost:8080

it should redirect to

https://localhost:8443

??

That is I do not want it to be web app specific, I want to have this behavior by default.
  I am not using httpd or mod_jk at this time and do not want to use if I can avoid them.

Should I also add SSLEngine="on" ??

Thanks ahead,

János
P.S.  I looked the list from 2008 and see nothing in this regard.