tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Uwe.Hellm...@t-systems.com>
Subject AW: Error overview in catalina.out
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:39:18 GMT
Thanks for the answer but I already know that catalina.out is standanrd logfile for tomcat.
My questions was where I may find explanations to the error messages which are written to
it.

for example what does this error message mean? ->
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster memberAdded
or
Unable to receive message through TCP channel

- Uwe

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. März 2011 14:46
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: RE: Error overview in catalina.out

 running Tomcat on unixes, the console output is usually redirected
      to a file named catalina.out. The name is configurable
      using an environment variable. (See the startup scripts).
      Whatever is written to System.err/out will be logged in
      that file. That may include:

    Thread dumps, if you requested them via a system signalUncaught exceptions printed by
java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(..)

      When running as a service on Windows, the console output is also caught
      and redirected, but the file names are different.

location is "$CATALINA_BASE"/logs/catalina.out

read
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html

(ping list for implementation questions) Martin ______________________________________________

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.