tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in Tomcat when redeploying the Web application
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 16:40:31 GMT
2011/3/3 Keshav Arora <karora78@gmail.com>:

> Yes you are correct, we redeploy the application by copying the new version
> of war file to webapps folder. I've created a build script that builds the
> war file and copy it to Tomcat\webapps folder. Tomcat is installed on my
> local machine. So file is always copied on the same files system. Process
> was same when we were using Tomcat 6.0.29. So I'm not sure why we are
> getting the errors with Tomcat version 7.

Tomcat 7 does not copy context.xml into its conf folder by default. I
do not remember exactly, but I suppose that it now reads it from the
war file directly. I wonder if such errors can be handled more
gracefully.

How is your <Host> defined in your server.xml ?  What is the value of
unpackWARs attribute and other attributes of <Host>?

What is your OS? How big is your war file?

>  I've created a build script that builds the war file and copy it to Tomcat.webapps folder

In the script you can split it into two steps:
 1) copy it to "webapps/your.war.new"
 2) rename it into "your.war"

Renaming is fast so you are less likely to end up with a partial file.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko