tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hanson zhou <hmz...@gmail.com>
Subject basic auth w/ the manager application
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 22:00:24 GMT
Hi I have Tomcat 7.0 on Windows Vista and I'm having trouble logging into
the manager app.  Ie it should pop up a basic auth user/pass login window
but instead it sends me to 403 access denied all the time.

I added the following to tomcat-users.xml:

<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<user username="manager" password="tomcat" roles="manager-gui"/>

and I want to login w/ manager:tomcat, but instead it sends me to the 403
page.  I also tried commenting out the lockOutRealm lines in
conf/server.xml.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

Strangely when I just add the "manager-gui" role to user tomcat's roles list
it logs me in successfully every time w/out even asking for a username and
password.

-hanson