tomcat-users mailing list archives

From הילה <>
Subject Tomcat NTLM Authentication
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 12:24:12 GMT

I want to change the way that tomcat authenticates to the DB of our
application, from SQL authentication to Windows authentication.
We use Tomcat 6.0.29 , and the user and password to connect to the DB is
specified in clear text in the xml configuration file under the folder
My goal is to remove the user and password from the xml file, and letting
the tomcat windows service run with a domain user that has permissions to
the DB.

when I searched for a solutions for what i'm trying to do, i got to this

Which suggest these methods:
-Tomcat SPNEGO
-Jespa (commercial)
-Tomcat IIS Connector
-Samba JCIFs (obsolete, no NTLMv2)

Are one of these methods suit for what I'm trying to do?
When reading about Tomcat SPNEGO, it says that users working on a windows
client OS and IE or Firefox, can be silently authenticated (SSO) to a Tomcat
running on a windows server via NTLM or kerberos. It doesn't seem to be what
I aim for, since tomcat users are not interest me, only the tomcat windows
service and how it connects to the DB

Your help would be appreciated :]