tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Francis GALIEGUE <...@one2team.com>
Subject Re: How to detect down of tomcat.
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:22:50 GMT
On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 05:05, Hide <hide39ne@ob4.aitai.ne.jp> wrote:
[...]
> My explanation seems to have been bad.
> I explain it a little more.
>
> It is a method to output the information of the abnormal termination in
> "catalina.log" that I want to know.
> Would you teach it if you know some method?

Not really, no. If, for instance, you don't have a minimal security
configuration, you can put in your code, say, System.exit(0), and
Tomcat will die without notice.

The base scripts output the PID of a running Tomcat instance in a
file, what you can do is check for the existence of the PID in this
file. All the code is in catalina.sh already - which makes me wonder
why isn't there a catalina.sh status option while we are at it?

And even though you are running Windows, you should consider using
cygwin. I don't know for PowerShell, what I do know though is that
Unix shell expertise is far more common, and Unix shell is much more
powerful than Windows' batch files anyway.

--
Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM