tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg ...@tabbysplace.org>
Subject Re: tomcat server
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:41:06 GMT
When you enter localhost:8080 the browser treis to speak to a server
on port 8080, where Tomcat runs by default.

When you just enter localhost, the browser uses the default HTTP port
of 80.  Presumably, you do not have a server listening to that port.

Make sense?

--
Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 12:36 PM, ken dias <kendias@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Questions:1. how to get response (not error)  when i type localhost2. why does it work
in one case and not the other
> please don't try to be funny, answer the question or don't reply
>
>> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
>> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:16:38 -0600
>> Subject: RE: tomcat server
>>
>> > From: ken dias [mailto:kendias@hotmail.com]
>> > Subject: tomcat server
>>
>> > I started the Tomcat webserver. When I keyin "localhost:8080",
>> > I get the apache-tomcat webpage and can run the examples.
>> > however, when i keyin "localhost"  only, i get error.
>>
>> As you should.  Do you have a question?
>>
>>  - Chuck
>>

>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL
and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.