tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg>
Subject Confused by url-pattern in Contatner Managed Auth
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 17:48:36 GMT
I thought I understood how contained-managed auth worked, but
obviously I'm missing something.

Hers' what I have right now

			<description>accessible by authenticated users of the
adoption-admin role</description>
			<description>These roles are allowed access</description>
		<realm-name>MyFirst Protected Area</realm-name>
		<description>Only ‘adoption-admin’ role is allowed to access this
web application</description>

I thought this would require auth for the url
/Adoption/application/list, but there is no challenge when I test.  I
have fooled with the url-pattern but the only pattern I can get to
work is '/Adoption/*'.  I have tried '/Adoption',
'/Adoption/application/list/*', but none of them cause a challenge.

What am I missing?

Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director
Tabby's Place, a Cat Sanctuary