tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>
Subject Re: Populating Oracle v$session.program from Tomcat Context.xml
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:28:56 GMT

You didn't say what connection pool you are using, but if you setup DBCP,
you could use the connectionInitSqls property to execute some proprietary
set_context call in Oracle e.g.

dbms_session.set_context('vpd_new','loc_code', pLocCode)

This might allow you to set a flag on a per connection pool basis for all
connections coming from that instance.

I've never done it personally, but sounds like what you are after

Chris