tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan <random.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Populating Oracle v$session.program from Tomcat Context.xml
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:25:20 GMT
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 10:57 AM, chris derham <chris@derham.me.uk> wrote:
>> We have some working tomcat 6 instances that we'd like to identify
>

> Can you use the combination of machine and schema name to identify the
> instance? You didn't detail your environment, but if you have a cluster,
> then the machine name would uniquely identify the instance. If you have
> multiple different instances on the same machine, then surely the schema
> name would allow you to identify which user it is? This covers all
> possibilities unless you have different apps on the same machine in
> different tomcat instances talking to the same schema.
>
> Chris

We are running all of our web-applications from two machines, and they
all use the same schema/username, so unfortunately I need the program,
client_info, module, etc field to identify them.

We are running a RAC, and I'm querying gv$session which should get me
all cluster member connections.

As David said, this does work with the thin driver, but I need the
service/load balancing functionality from OCI. Any more suggestions
are welcome!