tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: console with when running as service
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:41:09 GMT
> From: Zbynek Vavros [mailto:Zbynek_Vavros@cz.ibm.com]
> Subject: console with when running as service

> is it possible to setup Tomcat service in a way that it will display
> console window after service start, same as when started using bat file?
> I mean window to which standart outputs and errors are redirected....

You keep asking the same question, and you apparently don't understand what a Windows service
is for.  Services are meant to run in the background, and normally start *before any user
logs in*.  Unless there's a logged-in user, there cannot be any console windows.  On newer
versions of Windows (Vista and later), having a service interact with the desktop is mind-bogglingly
painful experience.

If you want a console window, run Tomcat from the startup.bat script.

 - Chuck