tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to setup webapp specific parameter for virtual host in Tomcat?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:23:04 GMT
> From: joe.k@centrum.cz [mailto:joe.k@centrum.cz]
> Subject: How to setup webapp specific parameter for virtual host in Tomcat?

> <Host name="my.domain.com" appBase="vhosts/my.domain.com"
>       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
> <Context docBase="/" reloadable="true">
> <Parameter name="serverRole" value="dev" override="true"/>
> </Context>
> </Host>

The docBase is incorrect, and the path is missing.  However, you really shouldn't be putting
<Context> elements in server.xml, so the point is moot.

> app is no more accessible by my.domain.com (404)

Expected, given the invalid <Context> settings.

> I also tried to move the Context from Host to separate
> ROOT.xml file residing in
> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/my.domain.com/ but with no
> success

Unlikely that Tomcat reports the error message "no success"; exactly what error are you getting
with what URL?

Did you check the logs for deployment errors?

> Actually I don't know what to set for path or docBase, but
> it seems that I am lost.

You must omit path (it's not allowed here).  You must also not specify docBase if the webapp
is located within the <Host> appBase - as yours appears to be.

Post your ROOT.xml from conf/Catalina/my.domain.com and your current conf/server.xml (but
please remove the comments first to save space).

 - Chuck