tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robin...@psmnv.com>
Subject RE: Installing Tomcat the Brute Force Way?
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2011 01:37:16 GMT
> > From looking at the server, it would appear that tomcat was
> installed
> > using tomcat-6.0.18-0.noarch.rpm.
>
> Now you're in trouble.  The 3rd-party repackaged versions of
> Tomcat typically scatter files all over, and then try to get
> things back together with symlinks.  You're better off doing
> a proper install on the new server.  Had you used a real
> Tomcat, life would be much easier.
>
>  - Chuck

Not necessarily. I did an rpm -qlp on tomcat-6.0.18-0.noarch.rpm. All
the files it installs are in /opt/tomcat

--Eric

Disclaimer - March 19, 2011
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tomcat
Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy
or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management.
Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable
precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.