tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat + apache + mod_jk
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:44:38 GMT
AReid@bca-group.com wrote:
> So I assume adding connectionTimeout attribute to the connector config
> could help mitigate this?

Can you be more specific ? which connector's attribute ? the one in the Tomcat
<Connector>, or a setting in mod_jk's workers.properties ?

But anyway, I think not.
There is not really much you can do to make the warning disappear (but note that it is
just a warning, not an error).

You can treat the symptom, by changing the log level in Tomcat to "error" instead of warning.

Or you can try to find the real cause, which is always better in my opinion.

If the issue is really the one I am describing below, then the question is : why does the

client go away before the whole response can be sent ?
- is there a network problem ?
- or is the application so slow to respond that the user gets impatient and clicks
somewhere else ?
- is there some intermediate agent which closes the connection too quickly ?
- is the application so that at some point some javascript function in the browser window

does a windows.close() before the whole response has been received ?
- is the client a robot that just requests a URL to check it's there, and then immediately

goes away as soon as it gets some answer ?

Maybe the apache logs can help you decide.