tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniil Sosonkin <dan...@orbisfn.com>
Subject tomcat 7 production environment
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:59:02 GMT
Hi all - we're planning to upgrade from Tomcat 5.5 to Tomcat 7.0.11 in
production environment. The plan is to utilize NIO capabilities of T7
along with other improvements. It seems that configuration parameters
for NIO are quite different from T5.5 and are not very clear. Our
configuration for T5.5 connector is listed below. Besides trying to
duplicate the config, what other areas should be pay close attention to
in T7 in order to have a solid production environment?

T7 will be running by itself (without apache before it). So we need to
make sure we can handle the requests, have adequate amount of threads to
serve the requests.

<Connector port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" address="X.X.X.X"
                server="T5.5"
                compression="on" compressionMinSize="500"
                noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"

compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/css,text/javascript,text/csv,text/plain"
                acceptCount="400" scheme="https" secure="true"
                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
                keystoreFile="conf/certs/2010/.keystore"
keystorePass="changeit"
                />

Any examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniil