tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No modifications are allowed to a locked ParameterMap
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:55:52 GMT
Rao G.Srinivasa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have developed a web application. It's working fine with the Web Sphere. I have deployed
the same application into the tomcat 6.0.14, the deployment was successful.
> But I try to use some functionalities such as saving data after entering input to the
page,

That is a very imprecise description, which says not much at all.
But I'll try to use Pid's crystal ball.

Entering data into a page is typically done in a browser, on a workstation. By "saving
data", I guess you mean doing something on the server, after the client submitted a
<form>.  From the fairly explicit error messages below, it looks like you are trying
*modify* the received form parameters Map, which under Tomcat's interpretation of HTTP
request handling is a no-no. (The Servlet Spec 3.0 does not explicitly say so (Chapter 3),

but strongly hints in that direction (there are only "get" methods, no "set" ones).

I would say that in the interest of portability between containers, you should store these

values somewhere else, and not try to "stuff them back" in the ParameterMap.
You should probably consider the whole Request as read-only.

it's throwing the following error message and the operation was failed.

No modifications are allowed to a locked ParameterMap