tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Dudley <sc...@telesoft.com>
Subject WebDav Configuration Question
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 22:07:36 GMT

I'm running Tomcat 6.0.24 on Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS.  I'm trying to
configure WebDav and limit access to a single folder, a subdirectory of
my applications www folder... i.e. www/myapp/subdir.  I want to limit
access only to subdir and disable the clients ability to create any new
directories.  I've perused all config info that I found but was unclear
on either point.

I've added the following to the applications web.xml and WebDav works
however, the client "can" create new directories and they're currently
landing in my www/myapp folder (where all html, jsp, js, etc. files are
located).

Any assistance/direction appreciated.

<servlet>
<servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.WebdavServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>debug</param-name>
<param-value>0</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>listings</param-name>
<param-value>true</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>readonly</param-name>
<param-value>false</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/webdav/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>WebDav Login Resources</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/webdav/*</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>tomcat</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<login-config>
<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
<realm-name>default</realm-name>
</login-config>

<security-role>
<role-name>tomcat</role-name>
</security-role>

--
Scott Dudley
Senior Developer

Telesoft Corp. | 1661 E. Camelback Rd., Suite 300 | Phoenix, AZ, 85016

*o:* (602) 308-1115**| *f:* (602) 308-1300 | *w:* www.telesoft.com
<http://www.telesoft.com>