tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.30 and Spring Framework
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:32:36 GMT
Aureliusz R. wrote:
> Borut,
>
> thanks again. You were correct, it was lazy initialization. Pretty
> much at this point I got the spring part working.
>
> I've encountered yet another issue with mapping requests from apache2
> web server to tomcat. It seems to have something to do with SSL, as I
> don't have this issue for http.
>
> The situation looks as follows:
> The docBase for my app is /usr/local/jsp/
> I've placed my spring test JSP in /usr/local/jsp/testSpring/testSpring.jsp
>
> apache2/httpd.conf has the following mod_jk mappings:
> JkMount /servlet/* worker1
> JkMount /*.jsp worker1
> JkMount /jsp/* worker1
>
> When I invoke this JSP directly through tomcat, or through apache
> httpd server but over http, it works fine:
> http://server.domain.com:8080/jsp/testSpring/testSpring.htm
> http://server.domain.com/jsp/testSpring/testSpring.htm
>
> When I invoke this JSP through apache httpd over https, it's actually
> looking for the static htm file. It doesn't go through tomcat at all.
> https://server.domain.com/jsp/testSpring/testSpring.htm
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /jsp/testSpring/testSpring.htm was not found on this server.
>
> Would you be able to point me in the right direction? I searched
> through some of the ssl config files, but I didn't find anything that
> would prevent /jsp/**/*.htm requests from being sent to tomcat.

Under Apache httpd, you cannot have the same "server" (aka VirtualHost) answering both
http and https requests. So you must have at least 2 distinct VirtualHosts, one for http
(*:80 ?), one for https (*:443 ?).
My guess is that in the https one, you simply do not have the same JkMount directives.

Maybe you forgot a JkMountCopy on ?

Not actually seeing your httpd.conf makes this a bit of guesswork though.