tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Automatically extracted Tomcat FAQs
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 08:32:48 GMT
Stefan Henß wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm currently doing research for my bachelor thesis on how to
> automatically extract FAQs from unstructured data.
>
> For this I've built a system automatically performing the following:
> - Load thousands of conversations from forums and mailing lists (don't
> mind the categories there, don't discriminate between sources).
> - Build new categorization solely based on the conversation's texts (by
> clustering).
> - Pick the best modelled categories as basis for one FAQ each.
> - For each question (first entry in a thread) find the best reply from
> its answers.
> - Select the most relevant and well formatted question/answer-pairs for
> each FAQ.
>
> For the evaluation I'm interested in expert's perceptions of the
> results, e.g. if the questions are relevant, correctly answered, etc.
> Also as I'll release a paper about the approach I'd be happy if you
> could rate one or two questions (stars on the details pages) so I'd have
> some statistics to present.
>

> Here's the direct link to the Tomcat FAQs:
> http://faqcluster.com/tomcat-apache-server
>
> (There are some other interesting FAQs as well at http://faqcluster.com/)

The project sounds very interesting. (*)

But I had a quick look at the "Log / error /logging" part (just a psychological fixation
of mine), and the questions and answers seem hardly relevant to "Log", "error" or
"logging", and even for the most part irrelevant to Tomcat.
Or am I reading this wrongly ?

(*) My company's business is in the area of document and information management, which
includes automatic indexing of literature etc..